Structural Alignment Bodywork for Whole Horse wellness
Welcome to ASPIRE Bodyworx, LLC, owned and operated by Christy Dicolla B.S.A, E.S.M.T, based out of Atlanta, GA.
Christy integrates a variety of bodywork therapies to aid in balancing your horse's musculoskeletal system.
The equine body is not naturally balanced from front to back and right to left.
Like us, they are often right or left "handed", and have a strong side and weak side. This natural asymmetry can cause a myriad of training challenges and compromise a horse's overall health and soundness. Luckily, equine bodywork incorporated with stretching and movement therapy, can help your horse move with more straightness, suppleness, and ease.
Benefits of Equine bodywork
- Relieves myofascial tension and muscle spasms
- Promotes Efficient and Correct Body Dynamics
- Enhances muscle tone
- Increases range of motion
- Injury Management & Prevention
- Performance Optimization
- Stress reduction
- Improves circulation
Signs That Your Horse Could Be Experiencing Muscle Soreness
- Decreased coordination or balance
- Trouble bending in one direction
- Not picking up the correct canter lead
- Unable to pick up the canter
- Poor attitude or an unwillingness to perform
- Head tossing
- "Cold backed"
- Unexplained changes in behavior such as nipping, bucking, rearing
When a horse's body is free of muscle tension it is able to move more freely, and that can greatly increase it's trainability and performance. A horse that has supple, healthy muscle and myofascial tissue is easier to train because there is less resistance in the body which leads to less resistance in the mind.
Please take a look around the site to find out a bit more and feel free to email or call if you have any questions.
Copyright 2012, ASPIRE BODYWORX, LLC